religion

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Jul 9 00:36:30 PDT 2000

On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Doug Henwood wrote:

> The most upscale religions are the most doctrinally and stylistically
> tepid of them all.

Is that entirely true? I thought number two on this list, the Disciples of Christ (aka The Christian Church (DOC)), was fundamentalist. I had one of them in my class back when I taught Western Civ and he was pretty lively during the bible segment. Although it's interesting that they are kind of the exception that proves your rule here -- their status in this system of reckoning seems to be disproportionately higher than their income.

Michael