Fwd: What if the Republicans were ousted from control of Congress

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jul 11 06:15:08 PDT 2000

There are many reasons for not voting, but the best of them all, I think, is to declare solidarity with that majority of u.s. people who do not vote. They are, fairly obviously, the main source of hope for the future, and every time you vote you join the chorus of those who reprimand the alleged apathy of the non-voters.

As to what might happen if we had a Democratic Congress and a Democratic President: go back and read the political news of 1977-1980. We had the launching of all the policies (including military expansion) for which Reagan was later to claim credit.

Carrol