anti-communism

Tue Jul 11 16:41:42 PDT 2000

>Thus
>it will not do to cast aspersions on DeLong the person because
>he thinks Stalin killed more people than Hitler, while raising
>the specter of red-baiting.

Ummm... I actually think that Stalin killed more of *his own people* than Hitler killed of *his own people*. It seems pretty clear that Hitler was better at turning Europe into an abattoir than Stalin was. And what Hitler did was only a small portion of what he set out to do, while Stalin's high tyranny reached its... natural ecological limits.

Brad DeLong