Naomi Klein: "The Vision Thing"

Wed Jul 12 09:24:51 PDT 2000

>>> rayrena at mail.accesshub.net 07/11/00 05:13PM >>>

I'm only marginally involved with the Movement, but I actually feel pretty elated about its form. And not just because of my anarchist leanings. Capital that's becoming decentralized and internationalized--by which I mean that trade and investment are becoming more diffuse and that capital is increasingly operating through international institutions--should, it seems to me, be met with a movement that's "radically decentralized" and international. To bastardize H---l (as Ken M. might type it), it's the perfect blending of subject and object.

CB: Actually, isn't capital becoming more centralized ? Monopolies are centralization , and today the monopolies are transnational rather than national. Pretty soon there will be one , big company running the whole world, the ultimate centralization.

The workers of the world must unite in one big organization to counter this, so our movement must be more centralized.