Fwd: What if the Republicans were ousted from control of Congress

Joe R. Golowka joegolowka at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 12 11:11:40 PDT 2000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 1:32 PM Subject: Re: Fwd: What if the Republicans were ousted from control of Congress

> Chuck's point seems to be that if Americans can't learn to *fight the
> Democrats in power*, our opposition to neoliberalism won't get
> anywhere; and that with the Republicans in power, we would be still
> fighting (together with the Democrats, alas) against the views that
> *shouldn't* belong to the twenty-first century to begin with (like
> opposition to abortion), without getting around to fighting against
> neoliberalism. Those who have argued with Chuck haven't really
> responded to his thesis.

His thesis is disproven by empircal evidence. Lefties have been voting for the dems for years, and where has that gotten us? Wev'e gone backwards. The dems are now conservatives. It's time to try something else.

-- Joe R. Golowka joegolowka at earthlink.net Anarchist FAQ - http://www.infoshop.org/faq

"According to the libertarian litany, if an industry or an institution is making a profit, it is satisfying "wants" whose origins and content are deliberately disregarded. But what we want, what we are capable of wanting is relative to the forms of social organization. People "want" fast food because they have to hurry back to work, because processed supermarket food doesn't taste much better anyway, because the nuclear family (for the dwindling minority who have even that to go home to) is too small and too stressed to sustain much festivity in cooking and eating -- and so forth. It is only people who can't get what they want who resign themselves to want more of what they can get. Since we cannot be friends and lovers, we wail for more candy." - Bob Black