Eurocapital

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at oregon.uoregon.edu
Sat Jul 15 04:47:17 PDT 2000

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Max Sawicky wrote:

> I was duly revolted by the latest example of liberal regression, even
> tho it was as far away as Germany, where the SPD rammed thru a
> regressive tax cut.

According to the Taz, the lowest and highest income tax rates will go from 22.9% and 51% to 19.9% and 48.5%; by 2005, rates are supposed to drop to 15% and 42%. Any idea of how regressive this really is? I.e. is there other financial skulduggery offsetting any of this? The cut on capital gains taxes, of course, is truly despicable.

-- Dennis