German tax reform

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Mon Jul 17 03:31:33 PDT 2000

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Doug Henwood wrote:

> The new rules will enable big German companies to off-load their
> cross shareholdings without being penalised heavily on capital gains
> tax.

Does this mean the end of the German bank-borgs (at least in their current form)? Is this the herald of 'shareholder power' in Germany? Is this the start of the end of Europe as we know it? Do I ask too many stupid questions?

Peter -- Peter van Heusden <pvh at egenetics.com> NOTE: I do not speak for my employer, Electric Genetics "Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower." - Karl Marx, 1844