The house that Jack built

Jeff Walker jkw1199p at seiu.workfam.com
Sun Jul 23 14:25:57 PDT 2000

Boulwareism itself is a term used to describe a bargaining strategy where supervisory employees are polled to determine the interests of the bargaining unit, then the data are researched and a complete package deal is formulated. The company then releases the proposal to the public and begins a campaign around the fairness of their offer, and adopts the stance at the table that this is a "firm, fair offer" (NLRB v. General Electric, 2nd Cir. 1959) and the company won't get off their position unless the union can show some flaw or mistake in their data (which, of course, is not fully released to the union).

Jeff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Perelman" <michael at ecst.csuchico.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 5:01 PM Subject: Re: The house that Jack built