American Rhapsody

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 27 06:35:43 PDT 2000

>From: "Peter K." <peterk at enteract.com>
>
>http://www.suck.com/daily/2000/07/25/
>
>Ana Marie Cox's piece on new books by Eszterhas and Greil Marcus. She
>hyperlinks to two excellent Hitchens pieces and also to a good review of a
>Baffler book.

Nice article. My favorite observation: "The true winners of our culture war are neither the hipsters nor the squares among us, but the increasingly interchangeable hipsters and squares who are already in power." Our culture looks increasingly like a fusion of the worst aspects of the Gilded Age and the Age of Aquarius -- the nightmare version of dialectical change.

Carl