Clinton and genocide

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Thu Jul 27 13:59:02 PDT 2000

Peter K.:
> [Here's a cheery story. Am I wrong to think that a certain segment of the
> left would have protested a large-scale U.N. invasion of Rwanda?]

The West _did_ intervene -- for more than a century, leading up to French support for the _genocidaires_. See Gourevitch, Philip, _We Wish to Inform You that Tomorrow We will be Killed with Our Families: Stories from Rwanda_ (1998). It's a very interesting counterpoise to the popular notion of benevolent imperialism.