Shrinking the turnaround rhetoric

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Mon Jun 5 22:42:37 PDT 2000

WTO - Shrink or Sink! The Turn Around Agenda . . .

As a full fledged, non-outoftheloop member of the post-wto coalition of Seattle, we ain't seen this before, nor we consulted on the contents of the statement. I guess Dolan will be getting an earful on this as well as a bunch of other shit when he's in town later this week for a film premiere that makes him the star... Ian

>From what I could see the statement had quite a few endorsements,
so it's not quite a proclamation from on high. apparently many were consulted as it was.

Why should Dolan consult you, any more than you are obliged to consult him? I would take it as a draft proposal, put up for debate, not something etched in stone.

Whatever its warts, wouldn't you see it as an attempt at a step forward?

mbs