FW: CENTRAL PARK ATTACKERS ARE ENEMIES OF THE COMMUNITY

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Jun 21 15:06:21 PDT 2000

At 06:08 PM 6/21/00 -0400, you wrote:

>From: Jessica Rockstein <JessicaR at corbis.com
>To: "'reclaimthestreets at listbot.com'" <reclaimthestreets at listbot.com
>Subject: FW: CENTRAL PARK ATTACKERS ARE ENEMIES OF THE COMMUNITY
>Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 06:58:05 -0700
>
>Reclaim the Streets NYC - http://reclaimthestreetsnyc.tao.ca
>
>-----
>
>CENTRAL PARK ATTACKERS ARE ENEMIES OF THE COMMUNITY
>Statement by the National Congress for Puerto Rican Rights
>June 16, 2000
>
>These are the reasons we say that the young men who carried out the
>sexual assaults in East Harlem on Saturday (6/10/00) and in Central
>Park on Sunday (6/11/00) are enemies of the Latino and Black communities:

Finally, a voice of reason. Identify criminals as the enemies of the Latino and Black communities and treat them accordingly, instead trying to rally behind them and blame the society for their delinquent behavior. Better yet, focus on positive things happening in these communities. So far, the only time these communities get any media attnetion (that includes left media as well) is when one of their delinquent members gets a raw treatment by law enforcement.

wojtek