From an Ohio List/oil/gasoline

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Fri Jun 23 13:08:32 PDT 2000

Here's something I wrote for an Ohio list. One gentleman described it as to many hogs at the trough.:o) I think it makes sense:

"China PNTR is an investment treaty. Huge flows of American and other foreign capital will now be pumped into hyper industrialize China. We may already be seeing the effects of this in higher oil prices. The world oil supply is driven by demand. The more demand, the higher the prices. China to accomplish its hyper industrialization will increase its demand for oil not only as a fuel, but, also as a petro-chemical feedstock. Since China is a big country with a huge population the demand for oil by China will be enormous and will be paid for and driven by foreign investment inflows and export at any cost. I also realize that the world oil market is an oligopoly with a strange brew of multinational corporations and governments on the supply side of the equation reacting in their perceived self interest."

"Another thing to consider is that when American and other foreign corporations get fully invested in China. The first time the corporations don't get their way, they will want to send in the troops. Anyone remember the Boxer rebellion?"

Tom Lehman