Univer$ity of Phoenix

jason rice red666er at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 00:34:00 PDT 2000

I attend a state university in Pennsylvania, Bloomsburg, and they are gearing up to become the next McDonalds of education. 80 student classrooms in the works, rumors of televised classes in the near future and a steady push towards temporary faculty are all weakening what was(and is) by many accounts a solid educational experience. THe privatization of education is scary, but so is the mutation of state institutions to accomodate political slandering by politicians who charge "inefficiency" and to generate state revenue to appear "profitable". I will be writing an article about this topic in a magazine a friend is publishing on campus next semester, can anyone point me to some resources concerning states systems and/or similar trends going on elsewhere? jason Rice