Questions for you Nader Fans

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Jun 30 13:52:13 PDT 2000

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 TRox51 at aol.com wrote:

> 1. Don't you think its just the least bit hypocritical of Nader to say
> he wants to focus on how US labor laws make it difficult to organize
> unions when he himself has used those laws and the system to stifle
> unions at his own shop (and not only at Multinational Monitor)?

It's completely hypocritical, Tim. And it would be an issue if he was going to get elected. But he's not. So it only counts what he says, and that fact that he's talking a very good line is sufficient. But Lord knows we'd never trust him to implement it. If one was voting on pure union interests, I'm afraid one would have to follow Nathan and vote for Gore -- a pitiful kick in the facer who is sadly still the best on offer. And besides, as Nathan never tires of reminding us, what really counts for getting better organizing laws passed is finally getting a Senate majority some day.

All that said, I certainly can't blame you for hating Ralph.

Michael