Questions for you Nader Fans/How to

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Fri Jun 30 20:35:05 PDT 2000

Max---Anyone even the least familiar with organizing would see where Tim went wrong. First, when you are about to be shown the door is the wrong time to attempt to get cards signed. If getting cards signed was ever attempted? And it doesn't sound like an attempt to get cards signed was ever made prior to Tim getting the boot.. This unfortunatley sounds like an after the fact or sour grapes charge---not that Tim didn't have good intentions. I'm sure he did. Tim should have consulted with a union organizer and planned a little organizing campaign in advance. This would have strengthened his position in case things went sour and he would have had professional help with his campaign.

Also, there is the little problem of Tim as editor being management for the magazine? Which might have been a bone of contention in a real organizing campaign.

TL