Vandalism is Art

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Wed Mar 1 09:03:34 PST 2000

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> (from a fwd, from Chuck0): ``...Vandalism is art when art can no
> longer rescue meaning from the overwhelming absurdity of present
> material conditions. In a society that promotes a myth of total
> choice, the most crucial choice has been made criminal: the ability to
> create new meaning. The point where the myth and reality meet is the
> intersection of politics and art, the haunt of the vandal, the culture
> jammer, the anarchist. It is at this intersection that the barricades
> went up, November 30, 1999.''
>
> Yesterday, Doug posted a web address for the people who coordinated
> the underground video and media coverage for Seattle. I looked them
> up. While wondering around their links, it occurred to me these folks
> could really use something like FreeBSD or Linux or some other version
> for their networks and computer gigs. So, I e-mailed them a suggestion
> with the download web addresses..
>
> Here's what came today in the mail:
>
> ``Yup, some of our (Loudeye Technologies) servers run Linux and OpenBSD.
> We did the streaming for indymedia.org -- the Real streams are being
> served from Linux and FreeBSD. Cheers, Troy''
>
> Cool, huh?
>
> Chuck Grimes

We're hoping to set up the same thing for A16. I talked last night to somebody from Paper Tiger TV.

BTW, I also hear that some of the anarchists plan to disrupt live reporters from the boss media. They always neglect covering these important issues, so why should we give them a free ride?

-- << Chuck0 >> Homepage: http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/ Mid-Atlantic Infoshop: http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review: http://flag.blackened.net/apr/

Free Leonard Peltier! http://www.freepeltier.org/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe