animal rights

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 2 10:57:26 PST 2000

In the dorms, my last year living on campus, I was in a co-op called, P.A.D. (People's Alternative Dwelling!) along with 19 other students mostly countercultural anarchists, kids of hippies, Deadheads, New Agers and vegetarian process freaks.

When a cabal of mice invaded the kitchen and were eating and pissing on the boxes of apples and other produce, the weekly 3 hour meeting was taken up entirely, for two weeks, trying gain consensus on how to deal with the varmints. Only one other person (thanks Nancy!) and I, were unreservedly in favor of laying traps for the critters. Eventually, weeks later, the bloc that had withheld consensus agreed, only after illnesses in the two legged animal species.

Later, off campus, another housemate (thanks, Kris!) and I drove an abandoned kitten to the pound, that none of us had, or where going to, take care of. Coming back to the house, there was colored chalk drawings of the "kitten killers", on the driveway, moi and Kris (thanks, Nancy!) gleefully driving the kitten to its early death.

Michael Pugliese, a dog lover despite the above anecdotes, who wonders if others heard about the conjectures that the Animal Liberation Front set the dorm fire a few months ago that killed some students?

And has anyone ever seen the paintings of John Wayne Gacy and Dr. Kevorkian?