Peter Singer & Vegetarian Dogs (was Re: The Heiress and theAnarchists)

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Fri Mar 3 11:45:01 PST 2000

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> I've already explained the problem of extending the ideology of *possessive
> individualism* beyond humans and onto animals and other non-human natural
> entities (see my reply to Ken Hanly in "The Heiress and the Anarchists"
> thread). Now, I wonder what "animal rightists" think of their fellow
> vegetarian animal lovers who want to convert their canine friends to the
> religion of their choice:

Vegetarianism is not a religion. There are plenty of good reasons for being a vegetarian. I've been a vegetarian for over 10 years, albeit not for animal rights reasons.

BTW, I feed my cat regular Science Diet. Cats are carnivores, dogs omnivores.

-- << Chuck0 >> Homepage: http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/ Mid-Atlantic Infoshop: http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review: http://flag.blackened.net/apr/

Free Leonard Peltier! http://www.freepeltier.org/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe