bubble

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Sun Mar 12 15:56:41 PST 2000

Quoth Christian:

>> Is Japan big enough, or vulnerable enough, to do either of these things?
>>

>I didn't get the syntax of the statement. What are the "these" things?

Sorry, mate. I meant is it big enough either to contribute significantly to a longer and faster appreciation of Wall St values (via yen looking abroad for a place to grow), or to burst the bubble (by way of yen leaving Wall St to cover widening cracks, retool industry and fund those millions who look destined for, er, emergency rationalisation etc). In short, is it worth looking closely at Japan if we want to get a feel for the prospects of Wall St?

Cheers, Rob.