Pro-ITN Libel Suit Post (re: THE TEARS OF THE MIGHTY

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 16 08:51:49 PST 2000

Nathan Newman wrote:

>LM's apology for Serb murder

Whoa, Nathan. Isn't this a little overheated? I haven't seen LM taking an overtly pro-Serb line; it struck me more as a critique of NATO demonization of the Serbs. If what was called a death camp was not in fact a death camp, that doesn't qualify as apology for murder, does it?

I think the postwar body counts have shown pretty conclusively that the genocide rhetoric - which, as I recall, you endorsed - was completely unearned. And I say this as no fan of Serbia or Milosevic.

Doug