Wobblies

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Fri Mar 17 10:44:03 PST 2000

Apsken at aol.com wrote:

> Elena asked,
>
> > What does "wobblies" mean - politically?
>
> Wobbly is colloquial for a member of the Industrial Workers of the World,
> the revolutionary union that stimulated working class insurgency, and
> particularly the culture of insurgency, in the United States from its
> founding in 1905 until the 1920s. The Charles H. Kerr Publishing Compaany in
> Chicago, which has published Marx in English since the late 19th century, is
> still in business, being the principal publisher of IWW and surrealist books
> also, whose proprietors are Wobblies and surrealists.

Until the 1920s?

I must then be hallucinating that IWW red card that's in my book bag. That makes me feel better, because I was getting a few months behind on dues payments.

IWW - reports of our death are exaggerated.

-- << Chuck0 >> RESIST CORPORATE IP TYRANNY - BOYCOTT ALL RIAA ARTISTS!

Homepage: http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/ Mid-Atlantic Infoshop: http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review: http://flag.blackened.net/apr/

Free Leonard Peltier! http://www.freepeltier.org/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe