Wobblies

Apsken at aol.com Apsken at aol.com
Fri Mar 17 12:15:50 PST 2000

ChuckO wrote:

> Until the 1920s?
>
> I must then be hallucinating that IWW red card that's in my book bag.
> That makes me feel better, because I was getting a few months behind on
> dues payments.

This is exactly the proof of what I wrote. Because a few youthful anarchists remain IWW members, and recruit others who are similarly inclined, they arrogate to themselves undeserved glory, and in the process demean the true Wobbly legacy. The IWW continues to exist, as I wrote, but it has not shaped the culture of the insurgent U.S. proletariat since the 1920s.

Ken Lawrence