sans titre

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 17 22:39:11 PST 2000

Is it Plautdietsch or Plautdeutsch? I read German at one time but I cannot understand much of what is said when someone speaks it. Steinbach is noted more for competing with Winnipeg for auto sales than for German dialects nowadays. I understand that the Hutterites also speak Plautdeutsch. Doesn't this mean "low German"? The Hutterites are living proof that collective agriculture can be successful. They used to produce a very large percentage of all hogs in Manitoba. They also own a processing plant.

Cheers, Ken Hanly