Post-Secondary Education & James O'Connor (was Re: Pro-ITNLibelSuit Post)

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Sun Mar 19 12:23:15 PST 2000

Organized labor unions with our union negotiated wage and benefit packages have pretty much made the professional class in the USA. You wouldn't have a big professional class without us; who would demand the services and pay for them? Not minimum wage no benefit workers that's for sure.

The USWA and most of the big unions have been very long time supportive of higher education in this country on a local, state and federal level. Although, I don't think it hurts to remind the powers to be in the post secondary educational hierarchies that this relationship will continue as long as they remember us. We could be their worst nightmare at tax levy or budget time using Max's or Brad's stated logic.

Tom