Solidarity & "Humanitarian" Imperialism (was Re: Yoshie's dearthoffemal...

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Mar 20 04:50:29 PST 2000

Frances writes:

>>btw, have you scolded yoshie offlist for talking about her offlist life as
>>you did me recently. yoshie should know that we're all disembodied beings
>>out here and we mustn't ever ever talk about our personal involvements in
>>activism.
>
>I appreciate reading about folks' personal involvement in activism, but
>you've written about this one bit of activism you were involved with years
>ago at least a dozen times, and reading about it grows wearisome.

we're going to disallow repetition...? wow, i just can't wait to see how this unfolds.

we all have to play by the same rules i suppose? are any things excepted? how about quotes from Marx; established bitterness; scornful dismissals of postmodernism; internicene jibes; disavowals of racism; nostalgia; rank infighting?

Catherine