Misc. threads

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Wed Mar 22 10:09:20 PST 2000

For her excellent article in the current Harper's, Ehrenreich spent three weeks as a domestic worker scraping gum off rich people's floors. How much more dirty-fingernailed can you get? And no, it's not "testosterone-laden" because that's not what class politics is or should be anymore. What would a "testosterone Marxism" possibly have to offer all the women who make $5/hour working as maids?

The Martha Stewart analogy is curiously trivializing -- is writing about women's labor political/theoretical potpourri?

Liza