Outlawing Fascistic Racist Speech

Dace edace at flinthills.com
Fri Mar 24 09:17:50 PST 2000

>>Aren't the people who are most susceptible to racist/fascist/homophobic
>some of the most downtrodden
>
>no. yoshie posted something about the religious right being more affluent
>than people had thought. this argument, above, has been overturned often
>in the social science literature. it has also been overturned in the
>studies of who supported nazism in germany.
>
>kelley

When Germany went fascist, the whole country was downtrodden. First the loss in WW I, then the huge reparations, then the depression of the early 30s. Even those who were still rich felt humiliated and despised. The main thing is lack of self esteem, regardless of financial standing (though you'd think this would be a big factor).

Is this not correct?

Ted