warming ocean

Andrew English aenglish at igc.org
Mon Mar 27 14:02:43 PST 2000

We can see Manitoba from here (Minnesota).

For us global warming is a good deal -- unless it kicks off another ice age by shutting down the Gulf Stream, one of the dooms-day scenarios I've heard.

Until then, looking forward to some more mild Minnesota winters.

-Andy English

-----Original Message----- From: Scott Martens <smartens at moncourrier.com>

>The collapse of the Gulf Stream would give Britain the same climate as
Manitoba (the two are equally close to the north pole roughly.) London weather is miserable already, but a few Winnipeg winters would make it intolerable.