warming ocean

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Mon Mar 27 15:13:55 PST 2000

Wasn't there a little ice age that started in the 12th century; when the climate of Europe and North America turned cold? Maybe, we are just emerging from that last ice age.

One thing that does bother me is the destruction of watersheds and wetlands that feed into the Great Lakes. If we keep tearing them up and paving them over with sprawl, you will be able to cross lake Erie without needing a boat. The same goes for certain mining practices like mountain top removal in West Virginia and its effect on the Ohio River watershed. Let's not forget the effect of sprawl on other watersheds and wetlands that feed our countries rivers all of which has been written about and documented.

The federal government spends billions of dollars on wonder weapons; isn't it about time we spent some of those billions to defend the Great Lakes and rivers of this country.

Tom Lehman