Summary intellectual execution?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Mar 27 14:54:16 PST 2000

Curtiss Leung wrote:

>I say it's near/proto-fascist speech, and your saying
>that you care only about fascist/genocidal speech, not
>hate speech per se is an equivocation on the order of
>objecting to "premature anti-fascism."

I think the distinction is this: when "Communists" censor newspapers and arrest unionists it's in the name of the revolution. When "fascists" censor newspapers and arrests unionists it's in the name of counter-revolution.

I swear, exposure to so many self-identified "Marxists" on the net over the last couple of years has made me rethink my self-identification, and deepened my appreciation for the democratic achievements of bourgeois society (as flawed and hypocritical as they are).

Doug