Angela Davis & Johnny Cash

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Mar 28 20:00:54 PST 2000

CC: . . . But I cannot imagine any left program that does not *also* work for narrowing of state power (for example by eliminating prison sentences for most criminal activity, as Angela Davis and, implicitly, Johnny Cash have both proposed). . . .

I've got to ask, what did Johnny Cash say or sing in this regard?

I know he played at Folsom Prison, but I don't recall hearing anything about the prison-industrial complex.

"I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die."

-- JC