radicals guide to fashion chic

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed May 3 11:56:52 PDT 2000

Carrol dearest writes:

>Take about a dozen of those pills and then reread what Seth wrote:
>
> >Personally, I wish the author had more deeply explored the dangers of
> >dancing and gambling.
>
>Carrol

heh. okay doc. see, carrol, as george trail says, you cannot express irony in writing particularly well. ya gotta resort to things like i just did: use of typography and reference to shared experiences that are or could be recognized by the studious reader of LOB, typho on poipuss. what think you of that?

contrary to you, tho, ironic discourse has always been used in my circles as a way of getting away with resistance in the work place and for building solidarity. never known it to be a form of f-to-f communications solely for the elite but successfully used as a way of maintaining a shared identity and mutuality in resistance against authority--hidden language that you can use in the open. for a superior to acknowledge its use is to concede that she is being mocked. canna do that.

i'm honored that you missed me enough to lob one at me.

;)

oh an' here's something for you, below. whatchya think? a little whitehead, spinoza, heraclitus, lacan in there as well as other things

kelley

Hic et Nunc

Again.

When present immediacy met causal efficacy I did not understand what I saw All moves from a loom

To weave: a present shuttles through an always is through a presently was through a past that would be

Weaving: a spiral force-field of attractions-repulsions forward-drumming-memory backward-moving-anticipation

Woven. Again.

When the present dreams future memories I did not understand what I saw All moves from a fulcrum

To weave: A passion that smacks of indecency A desire for that which has not yet been His smirk. Her side-long glance. Their laugh. a fulcrum is the laughter of loom: the hic et nunc of being.

Weaving: Desire stains an epoch that is inscribed by a synchronicity of presence: Now then will be remembered in anticipation for what was here and would want to be now.

Woven. Again.