Bobos

Fri May 5 06:51:06 PDT 2000

>>> "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com> 05/04/00 04:20PM >>>
[Book review in today's NY Times. Dunno how things are on campus these days, but judging from all the New Age assholes who abound in today's business world, it sounds like Brooks has scored a lot of bull's-eyes here.]

'Bobos in Paradise': From LSD to C.E.O. in a Nation of Bobos

By Janet Maslin

Within the Rousseau-like tableau on the cover of David Brooks's delectable new book of social criticism there lurks one lone denizen of the wild. It looks worried, and it should. The undergrowth has been invaded by

CB: As we say in the trade, this phenomenon demonstrates that there were petit bourgeois revolutionist strains in our 60's New Left/Anarchist movement.

Today's Next Left should beware ,and learn from our weaknesses.

CB