Cutting Greenspan some slack

John K. Taber jktaber at dhc.net
Sun May 7 07:45:58 PDT 2000

JKSCHW at aol.com commented:

< [Rand's] following is a scary cult. And Greenspan is part of it.

No one is suggesting that his brain should be washed or that Rand's followers should be deprogrammed by force. Even if someone was suggesting that, no one is any positionto do such a thing. But it should raise questions about Greenspan's intelligence and the political orientation he brings to his job that he subscribes to a cult that worships capital and hates labor, no? Do we want that kind of person in that sort of position of power? And what do we think of those who do want that kind iof person in that kind of position, such as Clinton and Gore, not to mention Reagan and Bush?

We really don't know Greenspan's thoughts about Rand or Objectivism because he refuses to say, and so far as I know hasn't given a clue.

He was a young man at the time of his participation in Rand's salon. I'd hate to think that I would forever be typified by the poetry readings I attended in my youth. Gosh! I'll have to have a lot of people zapped if that is so.

-- John K. Taber