Reply to Doug

Tue May 9 10:03:14 PDT 2000

chaz baby writes:

>CB: I don't want ( or is that desire ?) to do that for such an
>unappreciating audience. Maybe we can get an empirical verification of
>how many times I have mentioned it.

selfish you are. unappreciative audience? who said? i still wanna know how 60/70s free love is an advance in the right direction.

seriously. we got sidetracked a coupla years ago.

))))))))))))))))))

CB: I believe you as a sociologist can confirm that the divorce rate has been at 50% plus for , what, over 25 or 30 years ? Of the remaining marriages, a large % are failures. That would seem evidence that the institution of marriage is caput. So, we have to call the new institutions something. How about "free love", until a better term comes.

As to the 60's and 70's, as with other social transformations, there were successes and failures in trying to develop a new form other than marriage. So, some of what went on was an "advance", and some were failures. But, of course, we look to learn from the failures or mistakes as well. The main mistake we learn from the 60's and 70's experiments is that feminism or anti-male supremacy must be at the center of this theory and practice.

(((((((((((((((

you never finished

<snort> ________ ^^^^^^^^^ ACE! new quoting system. you know, a birdie tells me that you can tweak novell to quote text properly. if'n yer innerested that is.

>CB: Wow, you are just so much more hip, blue and cool than I am with my
>funky ole "free love". Wish I could be like you. Oh well, guess I'll
>have to live with my desire-challenged self ( tee hee , eh ?, eh ? :>) )

well chaz i grew up in blues country, hanging out at biker bars, (yes pugliese, after my stint at disco and then at a ramones wannabe!) what can i say??!! hell, we even elected a state legislator, a woman, known for hanging out with the hell's angels. (she was involved in freedom summer too.) and yet, hardly hip when you put it in that context.

boom boom boom gonna shoot you right down -- j.l.h.

CB: You are just trying to make me envious. Send me a virtual reality tape of your scene and I'll do likewise.

CB