Reply to Doug

Thu May 11 09:26:33 PDT 2000

> >Marx said he was a dwarf standing on the shoulder of giants or the
>equivalent.
>
>Newton said it first, I think "If we have seen further than others, it is
>because we were standing on the shoulders of giants".
>
>My personal motto is "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because
>giants were standing on my shoulders".
>
>dd

ROFL!!!

Steven Jay Gould writes somewhere about looking at a stained-glass window showing the New Testament evangelists standing on the shoulders of Hebrew Bible prophets...

Brad DeLong

-- ---------------------------------------------------- This is the Unix version of the 'I Love You' virus.

It works on the honor system.

If you receive this mail, please delete a bunch of GIFs, MP3s and binaries from your home directory.

Then send a copy of this e-mail to everyone you know...