Punk rock and contemporary anarchism

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Fri May 12 09:14:40 PDT 2000

Jim Westrich wrote:

> If you are listening to Crass you should give a listen to the Poison Girls
> (much more my taste, but then again I never claimed to be a punk--I think
> the Television Personalities late 70's ode "Part-Time Punks" captures the
> moment well). The Poison Girls played hundreds of shows warming up for
> Crass. Vi Subversa probably has one of the most interesting takes on punk
> ever and certainly the most unique avenue to becoming a punk legend. In
> case you did not she was doing the nuclear family mom and low waged work
> thing until around 40 she decided to ditch the family and become a punk
> rocker (her teenage kids were punks and she just thought she could do it
> better--and she did). Jump momma jump!

And anybody interested in Crass should read Penny Rimbaud's autobiography "Shibboleth." One of the best autobiographies I've read in a long time.

<< Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe