FW: FW: Clintonoids Serve Up Mud Pie Analysis

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu May 18 11:19:08 PDT 2000

Max Sawicky wrote:

>The good news on wages, black
>unemployment, poverty, etc. in the last few years is due to the strong
>economic growth and low overall unemployment, as emphasized by Jamie
>Galbraith, Larry-Jared-John, etc. It is not a result of NAFTA.

Who said they were? I said that the dire predictions about what NAFTA would do to the U.S. economy never came true. I think the folks who made those claims should at least rethink why they never came true. Or explain just why we should be so worried about Chinese entry into the WTO going forward.

Doug