UK going global?

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at oregon.uoregon.edu
Tue May 23 17:01:38 PDT 2000

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Of course, but I'm talking about as a global economic power. Maybe
> when Redmond Day comes, and our creditors call in their loans, the
> U.S. will shrivel,

An exchange student from Rigel IV tells me there's something far worse in store: apparently, a group of highly cultivated deepsea clamshells north of the Marianas Trench took the human species to court for the crimes of monopolizing the ecosystem, carbon-cycle abuse, and rampant telemarketing in the Third Galactic Legal Quadrant. No word on what penalties might be, but the betting pool on giant neutronium starships showing up with SUV-vaporizing particle weapons has already started.

-- Dennis