UAW prez slams Gore on China PNTR

Tom Lehman uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu
Wed May 24 11:14:31 PDT 2000

Ohio has one of the strongest professional driving standards in the country and these standards are enforced. The commercial drivers license(cdl) requires written testing/training, oral testing/training and practical training/testing and regular drug testing and re-certification for special loads that includes training.

Here's a story/photo of a Texas trucker who was burned beyond recognition last night on the PA/Ohio line. http://news.excite.com/photo/img/ap/toll/booth/crash/20000524/paes101?r=/photo/ap/000524/11/toll-booth-crash

How come the pay of roughnecks and roustabouts has dropped to between $7.50 and $11.50 an hour in Texas & OK?

Tom