WB and IMF

Pacitti, Aaron (CAP, PTL) Aaron.Pacitti at penske.com
Thu May 25 09:38:06 PDT 2000

Patrick,

OK. Please list some specific projects or actions by the WB that have damaged less developed countries. As with to Dennis, no general mumbling or rhetoric. Specific cases, please. I am very open on this one. Barkley Rosser ======================

(Sorry for responding to a question posed to Patrick, but I was just looking at this stuff earlier today...)

Barkley, If you refer to http://www.cepr.net/IMFinAfrica.htm about 3/8 of the way down the page under the heading "Country Experiences with IMF Structural Adjustment", Robert Naiman and Neil Watkins do a fairly thorough job of describing conditions and reporting statistics on a couple of African nations. Although its labeled IMF SA, the Wold Bank is also included in their analysis.

Aaron