WB and IMF

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Thu May 25 12:25:20 PDT 2000

Doug,

Just scanned the annual report website. Looks like a mixed bag to me. There is quite a bit of "support for macroeconomic stabilization" which looks like IMF stuff. I agree. They should get out of that. There is also a lot of "support" for obvious moves to market capitalism, privatization programs, etc. I lack enthusiasm for this stuff too.

But, there is also a lot of support for infrastructure rebuilding after disasters and in quite a few cases, support for maintaining social safety nets. It does not all look so bad to me. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Thursday, May 25, 2000 1:05 PM Subject: Re: WB and IMF