seth & defusing korea tensions

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Fri May 26 11:46:07 PDT 2000

Charles,

I am talking about the megalomanical part. Certainly Kim Il Sung was a dictator, even if he did (at least initially) have a lot of popular support.

On the megalomania side I simply note that the world's largest free-standing statue is of Kim Il Sung in Pyongyang. There is a lot more where that came from.

Certainly the US ruling class as a group has been responsible for a lot more dead around the world than Kim Il Sung or his semi-pathetic son have. They are a lot more powerful for one thing. But they are not a "megalomaniacal dictator." That is one person. Bill Clinton may like to be erect a lot, but has not yet erected a monumental statue of himself anywhere, and may never get one, except presumably at his library wherever..... Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Charles Brown <CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Friday, May 26, 2000 2:19 PM Subject: Re: seth & defusing korea tensions

>Charles,
> The leaders of the US are nowhere near being in
>the league of the late Kim Il Sung.

>CB: When you say not in the league, do you mean not as good or not as bad ?
>
>Your leaders are the leading world criminals. The mass murder in Iraq alone
makes them worse than Kim Il Sung. But that is not counting the war on Korea itself, which makes those American leaders the worse criminals IN KOREA iteself in this era.

>It is clearcut that the US ruling class are more monomanical dictators than
Kim ll Sung .