Mumia Debate in NY Daily News]

Wed May 31 09:06:00 PDT 2000

Carrol,

Was it a North Korean judge and secret police that did all the below ?

Charles

>>> Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> 05/30/00 06:30PM >>>That was bad enough. But those who pleaded not guilty -- the eight above
mentioned -- were found guilty (two separate trials) in Philadelphia by a federal judge, and sentenced not only to the fines, but to a year's supervised probation. The judge ordered special terms restricting travel, intended solely to stop the political activity of those involved -- that'll teach us to execute our Constitutional right to a trial! The terms stipulate: Lifting of our passports -- no travel out of the country; making it illegal for us to travel IN the US outside of NYC or the immediate local area without permission; urine tests; unannounced visits from probation officer at our apartments at any time; and prevention of contact with convicted felons (including Mumia, which makes Frances's job especially difficult, for she is Mumia's literary agent, and holds his Power of Attorney!). We're also required to submit detailed financial reports on where all our money comes from and how we spend it; and we're supposed to sign away our right to privacy and grant the government access to all medical, psychological and financial records.

VISIT FROM THE FBI

-clip-