Allies against fascism?

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 1 07:24:51 PST 2000

ALthough the Eastern Front is my front in WWII, I will say that downgrading the importance of the Second Front is not a view that was shared by the Soviets at the time! Until D-Day, all Stalin and Molotov could talk about with Churchill and Roosvelt was Second Front, when? And whatever moron said that the Western Allies faced children and old men at Normandy and the Battle of Bulge should talk to some veterans of those conflicts. I think that person confused the battle for the West with the final gasp in March-May 1945, when the Nazis did mobilize the home reserves. The Italian front was very tough too--Anzio was no piece of cake. And it _mattered to the Russians, oh yes it did. And indeed, to us all. --jks