my last word on guns in Amerika

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Nov 1 08:02:39 PST 2000

At 03:43 PM 11/1/00 +0000, you wrote:
>> I'm far more impresseed by the elevated rail they are adding.
>
>Have you actually been in the Saarinen-designed terminal?

certainly - most of my european travels originate at jfk, but i'm not impressed by the twa terminal and i passionately hate dulles - part of the problem is the airport environment - a flat field that provides no context for the structure which thus stands out as a sore thumb and creates no visual interaction with it. The more architecture interacts with its environment, either natural or man-made, the more aersthetically appealing it is.

wojtek