my last word on guns in Amerika

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Nov 1 09:23:20 PST 2000

>What have you got on your side? _Airplane!_ (1980)?
>
>And any good movie with memorable scenes set on an airport? I can think
>of only _La Jetée_, Chris Marker, 1962. (Check out this website on Chris
>Marker at <http://cs.art.rmit.edu.au/projects/media/marker/index.html>).
>
>Yoshie

you left out the DeNiro flick Midnight Run--the train scene

Wasn't Casablanca's famous scene at a runway?

Fight Club although i say it essentially sucks, but is a hoot to watch; Strangers on a Train is hardly about the train! and Fight Club uses the same device as Stranger: meeting the dopelganger.

Top Gun THE movie that exemplifies the Reagan era genre of military recouping its status

The Spirit of St. Louis Billy Wilder's mythologized American Inventor/Can Do spirit!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles just think it's one of the funniest flicks ever--esp for turkey day.

at any rate, if you're going to include Strangers on a Train then you'd have to include a slew of flicks that use an plane or airport meeting or mix up and i can't even think of them all!

airport goodbye and welcome scenes too-- especially the ones with the portable stairs...

> >Ah yes, _fast_ -- and that is why trains are sexier than planes.
> >Some like it _slow_, you see. And there are far more intriguing
> >movies about people on trains than planes.

ahhh but the fine art of the quickie demands a different set of skills.