Ralph the Leninist

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 1 12:01:22 PST 2000

>From: Chuck0 <chuck at tao.ca>
>
>Perhaps Nader supporters should take solace in the
>fact that Naders campaign has put so many limousine liberals and
>progressives on the defensive. I'd be on the defensive too, if I wrote
>for a magazine that held fund-raising cruises and had its own credit
>card.

Which reminds me of a great line from Alexander Cockburn's column in the current NY Press: "When [Gloria] Steinem, of all people, veteran of many a poverty march through the stores of Madison Avenue with whatever millionaire real estate developer or kindred entrepreneur she happens to have in tow at the time, wags her finger at Greens and tells them that poor people don't have the luxury of voting for Nader, somehow the call lacks credibility."