Bush, dumb?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 2 09:30:34 PST 2000

Chris Caldwell writes in this week's New York Press:

<quote> Dumbo One ploy that's definitely not going to work is this Gore use of surrogates to attack Bush's intelligence. Yes, Bush is slow, and I can say that-but Gore can't. Bush is dumb only for a politician; he's smarter than the median voter. So the median voter is going to watch some Al Gore shill talk on national tv about what a dope Dubya is. And said median voter is going to think: "If Gore thinks he's dumb, what does he think of me and the wife and kids?" </quote>

Doug